Wednesday, February 17, 2010






So I have a few new loves in my life! Besides my wonderful husband Jared, I have discovered this last week how amazing a pastry cloth can be. It made making cut out cookies so easy. I also mad our Valentine's Day dinner using cooking wine in the pasta sauce, it was so so good. Jared and I spent Valentine's Day having a wonderful dinner and dessert, followed by watching the Olympics. I made a really good pasta with a white wine cream sauce with zucchini, cherry tomatoes, shrimp, fresh basil, garlic, onion and fresh parmesan cheese, I got the recipe from the pioneer women website....I love that website! The dessert was a vanilla bean panna cotta. First of all I did not realize how expensive vanilla beans were, but it was worth it. This was an experiment for me, but it turned out good. You add gelatin so it has a consistency of jello or pudding. I topped it with berries and whipped cream..Delicious! Hope everyone has an amazing Valentines day filled with LOVE!!

1 comment:

  1. Lynn! You are such an awesome cook and wife. That dinner looked amazing and the dessert...jared is very lucky. Good job on the cooking! I'm jealous....I need to be more bold like you are.

    ReplyDelete