Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas 2012

We had a wonderful Christmas. It was so nice to be able to stay at home and celebrate as a little family. We definitely had fun shopping for Ellie this year. I can see now how parents tend to get carried away with Christmas gifts, I begin to think she need everything. This year we stuck to the rule of:
One thing you want.
One thing you need.
One thing to wear. 
One thing to read.
It actually made it a little easier to buy things for Jared. Jared really surprised me this year. We finally got a print of the Sacramento Temple for our living room, cast iron skillets (yes plural, he got me two!) TOMS and some dishes and glasses from World Market. He did GOOD! I got him mostly clothes, but thats what he needed :)

It was so fun to spend time together as a family this year. Even though Ellie is too young to really understand what is going on, we were excited to just have her smiling face around. 

I was so grateful to be able to be surrounded by so many wonderful family members and friends this holiday. It made me think that even though there is a lot of bad things that happen in this world there IS JOY, BEAUTY, LOVE, & HAPPINESS. It may be harder to see but it is there, I believe it. 
Loved our card tree!


 Our tree was PERFECT. So glad we decided to put it up high, Ellie would have had a hay day with the ornaments.







This is nothing compared to the amount of snow we actually got. More snow than all of last winter.













No comments:

Post a Comment