Monday, July 25, 2016

Mount Ogden Hike

I've been looking forward to hiking Mount Ogden with our hiking group. It was a great day and a beautiful hike despite having a head cold. I just couldn't let my cold make me miss this hike. I know if I hadn't been sick the whole trip would have been a little more enjoyable but it was still great. We started in Beaus Canyon with is jammed thick full of fern.  As we continued to gain elevation we saw lots of wild flowers and we were able to catch a view of the air show happening. Maybe the worst part of the hike was the last little bit to the top. It was rocky and steep and I was tired. The view was well worth it! I hiked with my new hiking polls which were awesome but a little hard to get use to. We hiked back down the back side to Snowbasin Resort where we ate lunch and caught the tram back down where a few ladies had parked cars the night before. We hike a total of about 9 miles. We were sweaty and dusty and tired but we were full of burgers and fries by the end of it. It was a great day!























No comments:

Post a Comment