Tuesday, July 18, 2017

June




June was a weird month. We knew at the beginning of the month it was going to be busy. I of course had been thinking and planning out trip to California for months and once June hit I knew I could really start prepping. Jared had a ton of photography work and was gone multiple nights in a row. Then I was really thrown for a loop when a close friend of mine from our ward passed away. She was two years younger than me and had a little girl the same age as Lucy. It was such a shock to our whole ward and community and it's been hard to process. I've never had a close friend pass away, I've never even had to go to a funeral as an adult. The last funeral I attended was back when I was in junior high. It was an emotional month. I was overwhelmed and inspired by the love and support our ward poured out to the family of Meg. It made me that much more grateful for the wonderful community we live in and the amazing ward we are a part of. 

In between all of that we had some fun moments too. We visited the train museum with our friends from St. George, Ellie's little "boyfriend" Cruz. They have become pen pals and so Ellie was excited to have them here to visit for the afternoon.


I got a new phone and I'm overly excited about how good the camera is. As if I didn't take enough photos already.




Just documenting the day we went to the splash pad.


A moment I want to remember. Ellie wearing a tiger costumer that is 3 sizes to small but somehow managed to squeeze in to. Me trying to stay sane after Jared worked late nights for what felt like a week straight. The kids missed him and they get sick of me.


Visiting the poppy field in Mantua. 












Went to visit a new park up the canyon. It might be a new favorite. 







Get together with the old Pleasant Grove crew. Loved seeing all our kids play together, it's hard to believe our first play dates happened as they were crawling around. Now they are a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds.





We acquired some new dress up clothes from some friend who are moving and have older girls. Ellie has been in heaven and changes outfits numerous times a day. 


Father's Day dinner. We missed stake conference, like completely forgot and drove to the church at 11 only to realize there were no cars and that stake conference was just ending. Then Jared had to go to work, yeah on a Sunday, and set up for a convention the coming week. The shrimp fajitas made everything better.








One last photo shoot before we head off for vacation. This time we tagged along with Jared and then met up with an old friend in Salt Lake for lunch. 






No comments:

Post a Comment