Sunday, June 6, 2010

Gardening

Some of you may know that I am working at a garden center called Sun River Gardens, its really fun and definitely inspires me to start gardening. What also inspires me is my employee discount :) While at the book store reading books on herb gardening I was surprised to see that you can plant in just about anything that you can drill some holes into. I planted flowers in a broken watering can from work, and some galvanized tins. Miriam found a great window box at Savers and a few others. We had a blast shopping for plants and we definitely have the planting bug. The one thing I have found challenging is.....(and im sure all the Californians can agree)...gardening in Utah is a lot different. Things that grow like wildfire in California cant grow here, things that are perennials in California are annuals here. Its a little frustrating but I learning a lot, and having fun starting a little garden of my own...even if its just in some pots.












3 comments:

  1. I love the last photo with Miriam on her back porch with Rosie. I was just remembering you telling me about Rosie's back legs falling off the porch. So funny! I want you to come up and help me with my herbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a yard or a window still or something so bad to put things to grow!! A friend from church gave me a vase of lilacs from her yard and they smell so good. Your guys stuff looks so great. I cant wait to come see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, that was a really fun day Lynn, I'm so glad that we did that.
    Look at how little Rosie is. Thanks for spending that day with me!

    ReplyDelete