Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's

I love the fact that today (Mother's Day) I was able to sit through three hours of church and hear three hours of wonderful stories and praise to women and mother's in general. We have the opportunity to teach Sunday school and today I chose to teach the whole lesson. We talked about women and their role in this world. We used a talk by Elder Cook called "LDS Women Are Incredible!" It's true isn't it? In fact all women are incredible. INCREDIBLE. Today I really thought about all the women in my life and what I have learned from each of them. I am so grateful to have married into a family with 6 sister! Seriously 6 wonderfully, amazing, strong, smart, talented sisters; and ONE amazing woman responsible for all of them. In our lesson today we also used some quotes from Sheri Dew's book "No One Can Take Your Place" There is a chapter titled "Are we not all Mothers?" In this chapter it talks about the amazing blessing it is to bear children and the wonderful responsibility that our Father in Heaven has given us. "Motherhood is not what is left over after our Father blessed His sons with the privilege of priesthood ordination. It was the MOST ennobling endowment He could give His daughters." I look forward to the day that I was the opportunity to be a mother with both excitement and fear. What a huge responsibility!!! When I think about responsibility and sacrifice ever mother has made it makes me so thankful and fills my heart with gratitude towards my mom and all that she has done for me and my family. I love you mom, and all the moms, and all the women who have been an influence on me in my life. Happy Mothers Day!


1 comment: