Monday, May 13, 2013

Mothers Day

Last year I got to celebrate Mother's Day, but I had only been a mom for 2 months. This year I am celebrating a whole year of motherhood. I Survived! Nothing could have prepared me for all I have experience this year of being a mom. It's funny because there are a bunch of blogs out there that have lists of the Top 10,20 or 100 things that first time moms should know. This list include the BEST bottles, pacifiers, toys, nursing bras, strollers, activities, medicines and food to give to your baby. These lists go on and on. What these lists don't prepare you for is the emotional response to having a baby. Nothing could have prepared me for the emotional roller coaster that is the first year of parenting. I cried, a lot. Tears of JOY, exhaustion and stress. Over the last year and 2 months I have fallen completely head over heels in LOVE with Ellie. She has always been independent but still needs me for so much, and I love that! She has changed so much, and I already find myself worrying about her going to school and hoping her life will go smoothly. I can't let those thoughts consume me though. For now I have to relish her beautiful LITTLE body and the baby she is, because I know that she won't be a baby for that long. I love being a mother, I feel very fulfilled. Most days I feel like I have found a good balance between being ME and being a mom. I feel a huge sense of responsibility to raise Ellie to be the best person possible, and this is making me a better person. I think it's pretty amazing that a little child who can hardy communicate has the ability to make a 25 year old woman be a better person. She has helped me recognize my faults and want to fix them. That pretty powerful! Thank you Ellie, you are everything I could have ever hoped for. I love you!

What we did today




Jared built be some grow boxes and we now have a little garden spot. It's not much, but all the room we need. I'm excited to get planting!



Tonights dinner! Recipe on my other Blog.




1 comment:

  1. I have those same shorts for eliza!! twinners :) and great writing lynn. babies do something incredible to our lives.

    ReplyDelete