Sunday, June 16, 2013

Adventures at Grandma's House

To say my mom has a green thumb is an understatement. I'm sure it's a combination of her gardening expertise and the perfect Salinas climate. My mom has had a garden as long as I can remember and I have great memories of playing, picking vegetables, and throwing dirt. So glad Ellie has the chance to experience it too. I am grateful for the chance we have to see my parents and the opportunity they have to spend time with Ellie. Living far away is hard so we are lucky to be able to visit often. I love sitting by watching my mom with Ellie. It's hard to put into words the memories and emotions that came rushing back as I watched my mom pull Ellie in the wagon down the street. I lived on Elwood Street my whole life. My brothers and I rode up and down that street on bikes, skateboards, roller blades. We played in the gutter, hunted for worms, raked leaves, played football and endless games of hide and seek. It is an unexplainable feeling to now watch my child experiencing some of these things for the first time in the same place I experienced them 25 year ago. Literally blows my mind. 


Seriously look at that lavender!! It's taller than Ellie!






We use to tie out old dog Sally to this wagon and she would pull us down the block. She was an American Eskimo dog so mushing came naturally. 





PRICELESS!


No comments:

Post a Comment