Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Eureka Part One | Redwoods

I had no idea I could pack our family up for vacation so quickly. Jared had a second interview in Salt Lake, got the job, and on the way home we said....lets go to Eureka! We left the next morning. 

First stop: Salt Flats. Ellie was oohhing and awwing. She gets excited about pretty much everything.

Luckily the clouds were amazing the whole way to Reno, made the drive a little more exciting. Jared and I agree that the state of Nevada should not exist. I wish a crater would open un and swallow it and then California and Utah would be sister states!


In case your ever driving through Elko, they have an awesome park right in the middle of town. Perfect stop to get the wiggles out!


We stayed the night in Reno, which is a must for us. I don't know how we ever made the drive from Utah to California in one day before. We must be getting old. 

As we get older this motto seems that much more fitting. YOLO. Don't let time pass you by! YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE!


We made it to the redwoods and had to explore. I grew up near the Santa Cruz mountains which is redwood forest but it just doesn't compare to Northern California. I have never seen redwoods this big and tall. There is something special about the redwoods, it's kind of indescribable. (I sound like a hippie). Medley kids, you know what I'm talking about. Maybe its the smell of the redwood forest, it's so refreshing! Maybe it's because there is no other place on earth like it. Whatever it is, I love it there!


Ellie playing with sticks, second favorite toy after rocks.







Yep, that's a giant tree trunk.


Skipping rocks. Jared admitted that his arm and back were soar the next day!


So glad Jared brought his camera. I try to encourage him as much as I can to get out of the car and shoot. It's ALWAYS worth it! I know I say it a lot, but he is AMAZING! Love him. After a rough month we felt we deserved a vacation, it was great to spend 2 days in the car talking, imaging, and making life plans. Love road tripping with my best friend. 

Here are some shots from his camera. 





I mean, seriously. You can't help but get in touch with your hippie side! No wonder people are tree-huggers up here.








Here we come Eureka. Part 2 to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment