Sunday, December 8, 2013

Thanksgiving

Let me just start by saying that I love the holidays. There is such a good feeling associated with all aspects of Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love Thanksgiving for many reasons. I love the smell of pumpkin spice and apple cider, I love the colors of the falling leaves, and I love being able to really focus on what I am thankful for. 
This year was definitely a success, I hosted dinner at my house. With Hannah working that night I felt I could handle having only two couples in the house. I don't have dinner parties very often (if ever) due to the fact that we usually end up eating on our laps. Well this year for Thanksgiving we ate on the coffee table and a great time was had by all. I decided to cook cornish hens instead of turkey. I didn't want all the left overs and I also didn't want to have a turkey in the oven ALL day. The cornish hens were great, I will definitely cook them again. We had all the normal fixings, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, rolls. I forgot a vegetable (o well). There is nothing well balanced about holiday food so I wont try and kid myself that adding a vegetable to Thanksgiving dinner makes it healthy. I also made and apple and pumpkin pie. I was going to get a Costco pumpkin pie but with only 6 people who needs all that pie. Both pies turned out so good, I don't know if I will ever buy Costco pumpkin pie again. We ate and played heads up/charades and had an awesome time. 

What we are thankful for this year:
Our family of course, especially Ellie. Although little Ellie brings me to tears multiple time a week she is such a joy to have around. Our life would be so boring without her. 

Jared's job, he is loving it, and they are loving him. The company treats their employees really well and he has a great manager. 

Jared's/Our business. Jared's business is going so well, he is doing a ton of freelance design, web design and of course photography. We are so blessed to have the extra income. My little business of crocheting is booming too, I have been crocheting like crazy these last few weeks. 

Our home. We are getting to maximum capacity in our place, but we will hold out a bit longer. We love living here in Pleasant Grove and love our ward and neighborhood. 

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, we miss our huge family get togethers, but with the increase in children I guess it makes up for the lack of adults. 









I love the way this garland turned out. Just twine and ribbon and some hot glue. So cute!




Ellie's felt tree. I thought she would be more interested in it, maybe next year.





Our gratitude tree that we have done the last two years.






Ellie didn't eat anything related to thanksgiving dinner, mac n cheese it is. 





The aftermath, Jared helped me clean the whole kitchen and then we passed out on the couch!

1 comment:

  1. Lynn! You're going pro! What a great looking post and all the pictures I love them! Felt tree. Genius idea! Felt is an undiscovered treasure at my house. I must begin using it more. Miss you two ladies!

    ReplyDelete