Tuesday, February 14, 2017

California Christmas

From the moment I told Ellie we would be flying to California she couldn't stop talking about getting a smoothie at the airport. We got a smoothie at Jamba Juice on one of our trips and apparently she remembered. Before we got to the smoothies though we had to go through security where I had to get pat down. I couldn't believe it. They swiped my hands with the little swab and I guess something didn't register right. So they had to go through my purse, take me in the little room...with both kids. They let me keep Lucy in the baby carrier but I had to take my shoes off and got frisked. After not finding anything they were really nice and I said Merry Christmas. I seriously couldn't believe it! I have to be grateful for the TSA, they keep us safe. I'm just happy we had plenty of time to get to our flight. The girls did great on the flight and we were happy to land in Sunny California. 






As soon as we got to Salinas we headed to get a Christmas tree.


Ellie made herself comfortable in my parents cozy house. That little rocking chair is a favorite with the kids.


The big bathtub is another favorite!


Matching jammies, matching pillows, cartoons and grandma's house...pure bliss.



Ellie helping Papa with something in his truck. I think we have a similar picture of me and my dad like this when I was Ellie's age. 




We spent almost every afternoon outside. It was a nice vacation from the cold in Utah.


Christmas crafting





Those are bells tied around Lucy's waist. She thought it was so funny to jingle jangle as she walked around.



After seeing Dory we knew we had to go to the Aquarium. Ellie loved it, Lucy chilled in the stroller. Of course got a few new stuffed animals  from the gift shop to bring home. 




We were happy that we got to see everything. Otters, Jelly Fish, octopus, you name it. It was fantastic. 



I told you the rocking chair was a favorite!



No comments:

Post a Comment