Saturday, October 21, 2017

The Rest of July


July was good to us. We came home from vacation and never stopped going. We came home to a completely overgrown garden. I was excited about these purple beans, only to realize they turn green when they're cooked, lame. I planted my zucchini and tomatoes in a shadier spot and they aren't producing like they have in the past. It's probably for the best, we usually can't eat everything anyways. 

July is a hoping month for Ogden, we have Pioneer Day and the rodeo. We always go to the horse parade and Pioneer day parade. Ellie somehow got the impression that she's going to get as much candy as Halloween, sorry kiddo. 






I was so tired after our vacation, I could have stayed at home for more than a week doing absolutely nothing. I wish kids were the same way. Ellie's constantly asking, "what are we going to do today?" Um nothing? 

We managed to get out of the house to play at a park then grab smoothies for lunch. 







Ellie had swim lessons. She is so stubborn with swimming, she will not put her face in the water. It's become a bit of a fight with her. She loves playing in the water but wont practice holding her breath or dunking her head. Fingers crossed she will figure it out. 



I turned 30 this month! I'm feeling pretty good about it. I've got a wonderful, hard working and supportive husband. Two beautiful, feisty, funny, intelligent children. I really don't know what more I could ask for. I feel extremely blessed at where my life is and all that I've accomplished up to this point. 

I celebrated all week and had my best friend Lisa come to town to hang out. 

We started the celebration week with Lucky Slice pizza and bowling.


Jared being the patient parent and helping the girls bowl, even giving Lucy a turn. Me on the other hand wanted to bowl a perfect game. 




Ellie hunting some dinosaurs. She loved it!


running to the store for ice cream after the kids go to bed



Afternoon drinks at Fiiz



crazy clay masks


Headed to Pineview Reservoir on my actual birthday. We got a little rain but managed to stick it out for a picnic, swimming and digging in the sand. We all had a wonderful time. 








Got home, changed and hopped on the train down to Farmington for dinner at the Station. The girls had a blast riding the train.








Lisa and I took off for an overnight stay in Park City at the Canyons Resort. We laid by the pool, ate a delicious dinner and went shopping at the outlets the next day. Being away from the kids was weird, its hard to turn off my mom brain. Maybe that will get easier when the kids are older and not so needy. Jared did great, but I never doubted that. I think it was good for both of us, and spending time with my best friend was priceless.  




Spent Lisa's last night in Utah with a twilight movie at Snowbasin Resort. It was so fun, we will definitely do it again next year.





Like I said, July was good to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment