Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Loved this poem

While I was stumbling along stumbleupon.com I came across this poem written my a man named Steve I believe.?. Really makes you think about what your thankful for. Makes you reflect on the little things in life that we take for granted.

Im Thankful For

...the mess to clean up after a party

because it means I have been surrounded by friends.

...the taxes I pay

because it means that I'm employed.

...the clothes that fit a little too snug

because it means I have enough to eat.

...my shadow who watches me work

because it means I am out in the sunshine.

...the spot I find at the far end of the parking lot

because it means I am capable of walking.

...all the complaining I hear about our government

because it means we have freedom of speech.

...that lady behind me in church who sings off key

because it means that I can hear.

...lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing

because it means I have a home.

...my huge heating bill

because it means that I am warm.

...weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day

because it means that I have been productive.

...the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours

because it means that I am alive.


1 comment:

  1. that's an awesome poem. good to see some posts!!!!! much love.

    ReplyDelete