Monday, August 8, 2011

Half Marathon



Representing my junior college HARTNELL
Start Line

Jared and I ran the Utah Valley Half Marathon 2 months ago, and.....I am finally going to blog about it. Jared and I signed up for the half marathon as an incentive to keep up in shape during the winter. We did our best, but neither one of us is a die hard runner who will go run through snow and rain. (My coach would kill me if he heard that). We managed to get a few long runs under our belt before the day of the race. We had to get on a bus in provo at 3:30am and get bussed up Provo Canyon. The starting line reminded us of some post apocalyptic scene where everyone has gathered in the wilderness huddled around fire pits. The race started at 6:30. It was a beautiful run down the canyon. The slight downhill really helped too. Jared and I had planned on staying around a 10 minute mile, we ended up going with pace of the other runners and feeling good running between 9 and 9:30 pace. We both finished and ran the whole way. Jared finished about 2 minutes before me. Gosh we were both so tired! I had the happy/tired tears lol. It was a great accomplishment for Jared and I and we had so much fun training and racing together. I was very proud of Jared, beings he isn't necessarily a "runner" but I think he is hooked now.

No comments:

Post a Comment