Sunday, April 13, 2014

Ellie turns 2

What better way to celebrate Ellie's 2nd birthday than to drive to Salinas and spend the week. We all needed a vacation and an escape from the cold weather. We decided to leave after work on Friday and drive to Elko. I was so prepared, I had a cooler full of snacks, and I had read every pinterest article on "how to go on a road trip with a toddler" Those articles are crap! We drove to Elko, Ellie hadn't slept, it was 10:30, she should be tired and go to sleep right? WRONG. She was up ALL night. I have never seen her so hyper. Well maybe I have, but when I am exhausted it seems so much worse. She would climb up on the bed and get down and up again and down again AHHHHHHH. It was my worst nightmare. Jared and I were dreading driving 8 hours the next day but figured she would have to sleep at some point. Luckily I have a husband who can sleep through a hurricane (curse him). Jared slept and I nodded of here and there and long story short we made it to Salinas and all was well.

P.S. We brought Rosie and we were worried about  her.....she was a saint!

As for Ellie's birthday, we had family and friends over to my parents house. Ellie ran around outside, the boys worked on the tree house being built in the backyard, we ate delicious food and cake, and laughed and talked and had an amazing time. How can Ellie be 2? I can't focus enough to write a post about Ellie and all her amazing qualities. I will soon, just not tonight. We love her so much and so does everyone else. We feel very lucky to be blessed with such a special, spunky, amusing little girl.


This was Jared's project for the week. My dad had assembled most of the tree house and then with the help of Jared and my brothers it was raised and finished. Ellie loved it, and Jared added some awesome features!


Spring was in FULL swing. I had forgotten what the color green looked like, vegetation..what's that?Thank heaven for spring, we were so sick of the winter.



Ellie's Birthday Cake



Rosie the party animal!


and Lisa too!










Can you tell she is a bit tired? The girl went non stop all week!



I love this picture below! Look at all the love for my little Ellie girl. I love them all so much!


She did SO good blowing out the candles!










Happy Birthday sweet girl we love you!



1 comment:

  1. Perfect! Ellie will love this when she grows up. What a lucky little girl :)

    ReplyDelete