Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Rustic-No Knead Bread



Okay So I have a new love......its this bread. Seriously it is so so good, and SO easy! You have to try this so... I will give you the recipe. I got the recipe from a girl at work and finally got to make it last week. This is the second loaf I have made. I dont know if this picture really does it justice. Lets just say its kinda like french bread, and has a crunchy/chewy crust mmmmmm. Okay here it is:
Ingredients
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 to 2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp yeast
1 1/2 cups water

1. In a large bowl combine flour, yeast, and salt. Mix ingredients to distribute evenly. Add water. Stir until incorporated; dough will be saggy and sticky. Cover bowl and let rest for........(here is the kicker).....12 hours. When surface is dotted with bubbles dough is ready.

2. Place dough on well floured work surface then gently press dough being careful not to pop any bubbles then sprinkle dough with flour. Fold dough.
- you can leave the bread plain or add whatever spices you want
- I added oregano, basil, and garlic powder = amazing

3. Place dough seam side down in bowl. Cover and let rise until more than double in size, about 2 hours.

4. After about 1 1/2 hours. Place in 6 to 8 quart heavy covered pot (cast iron dutch over, pyrex casserole dish) in over and preheat oven to 450 degrees. When dough has fully risen, carefully remove hot pot from over. Turn dough over into hot pot. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for additional 5-10 minutes. until golden brown, cool on wire rack.

You can whip this dough up at night and it will be ready to bake in the morning, Perfect!!
Enjoy:)



1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Lynn! I love those sewing projects, they are SO cute. I'm totally envious of your craftiness! And the bread looks DELISH. I'm going to try it!

    ReplyDelete