Friday, February 22, 2013

Getting Mushy about Motherhood


I put Ellie down for the night, close her door and take a deep breath in. She exhausts me. I relish the moments of stillness and silence for about 30 minutes. Then, I begin to miss her. As Jared and I lay down in bed we talk about her. She truly amazes us. I think it is true when women say that having a baby and becoming a mother is one of the biggest accomplishments they have ever had. She will be the best thing I have ever done! I can cook a million meals, run races, travel and those things will still never be as great of an accomplishment as creating a beautiful baby. 




 I will put in the words of Sheri Dew, since she states things so well,

 "motherhood....is the highest, holiest service....assumed by mankind."

"Motherhood is more than bearing children, though it is certainly and definitely that. It is the essence of who we are as women. Motherhood defines our very identity, our divine stature and nature, and the unique traits, talents and tendencies our Father gave us."

(No One Can Take Your Place, Sheri Dew)

Mumford and Sons put it pretty well too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment