Friday, August 16, 2013

Medley/Hone Hiking

A few weeks ago Miriam and I were talking about how hard it was to leave California on our last trips home. Coming back to almost 100 degree weather was not ideal. We thought about what we had done in the past to get us out of our funks......get outside and go hiking! We vowed to go once a week, and three week later and we are achieving our goal. 

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks." 
John Muir

This quote is so true! I can't tell you how amazing these past few hikes have been. It goes beyond just getting outside, smelling the fresh mountain air and getting a hefty dose of vitamin D. I can't speak for Miriam but I know that I am more connected to myself, my child and my wonderful sister in law. We talk about nature, our husbands, our bodies, children, faith, food, you name it!  We end up spending half the day wherever we go and it's a great way to spend it! I love instilling the love for the outdoors in Ellie. I love that going on a weekly hike is becoming a routine, and something that Ellie can look forward to. I think these weekly hikes have served their purpose as well, I'm not so homesick anymore. I realized there is so much right here in my backyard, so much to explore and Utah is absolutely beautiful. 

Thank Miriam for getting us going, you are amazing. Love you!

South Fork, Provo Canyon







Tibble Fork, American Fork Canyon





Rock Canyon, Provo








Dry Creek, Alpine











No comments:

Post a Comment