Thursday, September 26, 2013

September in Salians| Part 2

My mom and I drove down to Morro Bay for Meghan's baby shower. We left early so we could stop in at some antique stores. Morro Bay is known for having great antique stores and we can now see why. We definitely scored! I got my first vintage Pyrex and a cool old tin. My mom got a cute plant stand that is perfect for her african violets. We had a great day. I saw Meghan who now lives in Indiana. I met her in Utah and her parents still live in California. We became best friends and miss each other so much. It was so so great to her! 

We went to Mount Madonna for a picnic. Love that place, there are SO many memories there. We grew up camping there and it holds a special place in our hearts. I use to think that the redwood trees at Mount Madonna were so big, well that was before I ever visited Eureka! Humboldt County blows this forest out of the water. Captured the best pictures of my parents. Looks like I have the ability to take good family photos too. Watch out Jared!

So I came to a conclusion while out in California. I don't know how to say this.......I think I'm officially a Utahan. I missed Utah so much and, well California just wasn't doing it for me this time. Even the ocean wasn't impressing me. I missed the mountains! I wanted to get back to see the fall colors. I realized what an amazing place Utah and Salt Lake Valley are. We are literally so close to some of the greatest most spectacular scenery. California you will always be my first home, but I feel more at home in Utah now. I guess it's about time, 6 years later.




32 years of Marriage (I think)! Aren't they cute?!

















4 comments:

  1. Good! … I get worried reading some of your posts - thinking your going to try and talk Jared into moving to California! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't think so Tia. Utah has stolen my heart :)

      Delete