Wednesday, September 25, 2013

September in Salinas| Part 1

So I made a trip home for a baby shower of a close friend of mine. I decided to stay two weeks to make paying for a plane ticket worth it. Along with the fact that Jared is gone from 6am to 8pm most nights. He has a busy semester to say the least! Ellie did GREAT on the flight out to Salinas. I only had a LITTLE anxiety :| We did a bunch of stuff. Of course we went to Old Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey. The Carmel Mission. Spent time with my brothers, who love Ellie to pieces! We had a blast, Ellie was so good the whole trip. I'm so happy she gets to see her grandparents so often.

 Did I mention my mom is a crazy caner! I mean this is only half of it. Believe it or not she quilts and cans and it's Mormon ;) She is pretty famous in our family for her dilled green beans. 



When life gives you tomatoes make salsa!  That's the saying right?

My mom and I made really good salsa. Here is the recipe we followed. We altered it by adding 5-6 serano chilis. 


Always have to go walk on the Wharf. It really never gets old.




Ellie waving at the boats.








The Carmel Mission
















No comments:

Post a Comment